Hamad International Airport announces second expansion phase up to 60 million passengers
Hamad International Airport has revealed plans for its second expansion phase, which will increase capacity to over 60 million when complete after 2022. Construction will commence early next year, with highlights including a spectacular 10,000sqm indoor tropical garden and a 268sqm water feature.
Gatwick’s continued investment to “put passengers at heart” of exciting new chapter
London Gatwick has announced a new chapter in its ownership, with VINCI Airports completing the purchase of a 50.01% stake in the airport. Global Infrastructure Partners continues to manage the remaining 49.99% interest. The new partnership promises continued investment to put passengers at the heart of Gatwick’s future plans.
Frankfurt Airport lays cornerstone for future Terminal 3
Fraport AG has laid the cornerstone for Frankfurt Airport’s new Terminal 3. Pier G is scheduled for completion in 2021, with capacity for up to five million passengers a year, while the main building with Piers H and J will begin operating by 2023, increasing T3’s total capacity to 21 million passengers.
Ramon International Airport – Eilat opening provides new southern gateway to Israel
Israel Airports Authority officially opens the new Ramon International Airport – Eilat to domestic traffic on 19 March and to international traffic on 2 April. Ahead of the opening, the airport’s Managing Director Hanan Moscovitz gave a briefing to Ross Falconer.
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone signs MoU with Abu Dhabi Global Market Registration Authority to strengthen economic development
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Airports, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Registration Authority of Abu Dhabi Global Market. They are working in partnership to enhance their customer offerings and strengthen the position of Abu Dhabi as a pioneering market for economic development. Report by Ross Falconer
Finavia piloting UVC technology to disinfect security control trays after each use
London City Airport completes key airfield infrastructure projects
View smart windows to be installed in Dallas Fort Worth Airport’s “Gate of the Future”
Solar power: the next safe solution for runway lighting?