Keeping your airport and ground operations policies and procedures compliant can be challenging in the face of constant change. With IATA and the industry ground operations technical groups comprising over 100 industry specialists, you can be sure you’re following best practices, improving efficiency, and ultimately safety.
3 reasons you need:
- Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- AHM is the only industry-recognised reference for ground-handling policies and safety guidelines.
- AHM contains the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) template.
- As well as standards for aircraft handling and loading, AHM covers load control, management and safety, and ground support equipment (GSE) specifications, ground operations training programme.
- IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM)
- IGOM provides an internationally-recognised standard for ground-handling procedures.
- IGOM is the guidance material for ISAGO audits.
- IGOM includes procedures for passenger & baggage handling, load control, aircraft general safety, aircraft turnaround, load control & airside safety operational oversight.
Important updates in the 2019 editions, enabling you to move ahead with the times:
- AHM 551 – Entirely revised Last Minute Change (LMC) policy.
- AHM 610 – New guideline related to setting the Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs) and measurement of the safety performance, which also serves as the ISAGO guidance material.
- AHM 811 – Changes to the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA).
- AHM 906 – New guidelines for use of pooled and borrowed Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- The IGOM introduces many updates, including the introduction of safety recommendations during aircraft deicing/anti-icing operations; new procedures for cargo and mail handover at the ramp; new task-based operations in load control, and many more.
Access an extensive overview of the 2019 updates here.
The updated versions of the manuals, which will be effective on 1 January 2019, are now available to order from the IATA online store.
The customer can choose whether to order AHMs and IGOMs separately or combined, depending on what best suits their needs. Volume discounts are available for the IGOM. In addition, IATA has now introduced a new “auto-renew” feature which makes it easy to ensure the customer is always up-to-date when new editions come out.